In principle all contributors to the databases are life-members of SMEBD. SMEBD owns, and authorises dissemination and revisions of its databases, and nominates the database host institute. As a member of SMEBD you have a say in the management of the databases by electing its Council. The Council establishes committees for the management of the databases.
1. agree to voluntarily provide data, information, opinion, or other expert assistance to the database,
2. retain the right to use and publish any data and intellectual property created by the contributor,
3. authorise the project to store, compile, modify, and disseminate data provided and derived by any means (e.g. electronic, World Wide Web, book),
4. recognise that products of the database are the copyright of SMEBD.
SMEBD agrees to:
1. make the database publicly accessible online,
2. acknowledge the contribution of the contributor in such publication and derivatives of it,
3. provide the contributor with a copy of such publications,
4.record that the contributor is a member of the SMEBD and as such involve them in the affairs of the SMEBD, including the right to elect individuals to the SMEBD governing Council.
You are officially a member of SMEBD after signing the agreement (download form).
List of members: